Monday, April 28, 2014

Blogger Reflection

The blog I chose was http://macysblogs.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-last-song.html#comment-form
           1. I think that the best phrase or words  that really shows my writers voice is th last phrase in my post which was "Will she play again ? WIll it be for her good or her dads?". This was an open ended rhetorical question. I chose to use rhetoric in my post because it really makes people think or in a way  kind of makes them use their brains and work to anwser the question. This phrase showcases my writing personality by saying that i am open to trying new and different writers craft in my writing to make it better than it was before. I thought that in thsi specicfic post it would be good to use a rhetorical  open ended question. With this question I think it made people want to read the book The Last Song because they would want to find the anwser to the question and the only way they would get the anwser is by reading the book.
         2.  The syntax I chose to use in this post was  Punctuation or sentence length. I had shorter sentences to speed up the post or accelerate the pace in a way, by using shorter sentences it makes the readers want to continue to read my blog and not get bored easily. The punctuation also helped, by using short sentences and periods frequently it increasing the tone and pace of the blog post. By using question marks at the end it showed questions and made the readers thinka bout the post. I think the syntax I chose as a writer to use really benifited my post and helped it become more interest in my blog post about the last song. One example is "She refuses to play the piano," by using a comma here it shows us that there is a pause in the post and wants  us to stop and think about it why would she refuse to do something she loved so much.
              The diction I chose to use was denotation i used the literal meanings of wrods and didnt say anything but them. But twoards the end i started to use conotaion by not really telling all of the stpry adn just asking quesions to make the readers think.  "Will she play again ? WIll it be for her good or her dads?".  Here i used conotaion and didnt really give thet meaning of teh sentence of phrase. "Her dad still palys the piano and enjoys it but Ronnie wont do it because her dad love it". Here i used denotaion and told the readers exactly what was happening and told them that the dad lopves to play and really wants Ronnie to play piano again.

No comments:

Post a Comment