Sunday, April 27, 2014

Krista Ramsey Post

           The column I read  was about teachers having the responsibility to have a gun with them at school, which Is a very weird yet amazingly interesting. Teachers would have guns at the school to be able to protect themselves and the students if a school shooting was to happen. Like it has many times in various places and cities. I think in a way it would be good to have guns but then if the students or other knew about these then something could go wrong and in many perspectives I could see how it were to be bad but at the same time good and some what helpful.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/columnists/krista-ramsey/2014/02/22/krista-the-very-poor-case-for-arming-teachers/5744065/
    "To ask them to conceal a weapon is beyond common sense or even professional respect." I think that this line is very persuasive and is written incredible well. I think Krista Ramsey is an amazing columnists and this is just one of the many lines that shows us that. I think that this line really try's and makes the readers go towards her side and agree with her. With this line she wants the readers to think that having guns in school for he teachers would be a very bad thing. I'm not 100 percent sure she really swayed my decision but I do think they are bad to have but in some ways I could see how people would argue and say that they are good to have in school. For protection  from students teachers etc."To ask them to conceal a weapon is beyond common sense or even professional respect." This line is kind of what makes me lean more towards against it because, that's true. People can't tell you that you have to carry a gun with you. Let alone at work in an environment where the kids are suppose to be "safe". How would the kids feel if the teachers don't feel safe and have to carry a gun. I think overall Krista is an excellent columnist writer and even the she leans towards one side I don't think people would get offended with her writing because she has evidence why and backs up her opinion and also its an opinion not a fact.

1 comment:

  1. I know someone who chose this blog too. What made you choose that blog and not her other ones?

    ReplyDelete